Grounds Keeper and Landscaping Associate
- Closing Date: N/A
- Rate of Pay: Hourly
- Positions Available: 3
- Type: Full Time
- Duration: Seasonal
- Avg. Hours/Week: 45
- Schedule: Days
Marshalls is looking for full and part-time Grounds Keepers / Landscape Associates to help maintain and beautify outdoor settings using hand, power tools or other equipment. Workers typically perform a variety of tasks, which may include any combination of the following: sod laying, mowing, trimming, planting, watering, fertilizing, digging, raking, sprinkler installation, and installation of mortarless segmental concrete masonry wall units. We provide on the job training and competitive rates, along with a relaxed work environment and wonderful staff.
What you will do:
Work both independently and in a team, to attend to client’s properties as directed using a company-issued vehicle.
- Perform duties such as mowing client's lawns using a gas-powered mower, sidewalk edging using a gas-powered trimmer, and blowing pathways and driveways clear of debris using a gas-powered blower.
- Engage with clients and members of the public in a professional and courteous manner.
- Use hand tools, such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge or brush trimmers, or axes.
- Prune or trim trees, shrubs, or hedges, using shears, pruners, or chain saws.
- Trim or pick flowers and clean flower beds.
- Operate vehicles or powered equipment, such as mowers, tractors, twin-axle vehicles, snow blowers, chain-saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, or pruning saws.
- Gather and remove litter.
Tools / Technologies:
Be competent and possess good morals and work ethic.
- Knowledge on how to properly and safely operate a gas-powered mower, trimmer, and blower.
- Must have G2 or G license and a clean driving record.
Perks & Benefits
- Health insurance coverage
- Competitive wages
- Death benefits
- On the job training
- Free safety equipment
- Offsite charity events
- Casual dress code